I wish. For the record, I'm not really moving. But it sure would be nice!
I would LOVE to go from this:
And be in the same state as this:
I know, I know...I've complained about the weather in Ohio quite a bit lately. I'm just tired of being cold, and I've found myself wishing to be in Florida lately. Most summers, my family either vacations there or at Myrtle Beach. If it weren't for the fact that all of our families and connections are HERE, I think Luke and I would be packed up and moved to Florida in a heartbeat.
I'll shift gears now, and recap my weekend. I don't want to dwell on the Florida thing anymore, I'm starting to seriously consider it. And that's not good, because it just can't happen right now. Maybe we'll retire there!
Okay, onto the weekend.
Things I accomplished this weekend:
1. I cooked! I made a Mexican dinner Friday night, Italian on Saturday night, and chicken and pasta for dinner after church today.
2. I saved money by cooking instead of going out a lot like we normally do on the weekends!
3. I made my own header for my blog. It was hard because I had to make it using paintbrush. However, it was addicting, and I'm thinking about updating my header and the look of my blog every month!
4. I got a lot of much-needed sleep. I snoozed a lot on Friday night since Luke and I didn't have much going on, and slept in until 10:00 on Saturday. I feel so energized now!
5. I cleaned the entire house on Saturday and did half of the laundry (still procrastinating on the other half :-P)
6. I had some good conversations with Luke about our finances. After our scare last week, we realize we need to be more careful! We've thought of some good ways to save and make extra money.
7. I had a date night with Luke last night! We went to Big Lots for fun just because they have AWESOME bargains on furniture (and everything else) there. Being our new frugal selves, though, we didn't buy anything. Then we went to see "Paul Blart: Mall Cop." We have a movie theater about 15 minutes from our house where you can see new releases for only $4.50! (Matinees for only $2.25!) The theater was packed so full that Luke and I almost couldn't find two seats next to each other. Luckily we did at the last minute. Cheap movies + nothing else to do = LOTS of sold out movies and crowded theaters at our cinema! The actual movie was pretty funny...it wasn't excellent, but definitely okay.
8. I went to church this morning and heard an awesome sermon about how to help others who are struggling. God knew that was exactly what my family needed to hear, because I have an Uncle who is in a rehab facility (it was that or jail, basically. So glad he chose rehab). It's a sad story that I don't feel like telling right now, but maybe in a future post. Anyway, the sermon was such a blessing!
9. I witnessed my husband in a true "rocker moment" today. His band plays in our service at church. At the end of the service, they were playing a pretty upbeat song, and Luke got pretty into it.. he broke his drumstick! Is it weird that I become really proud when he breaks a drumstick? He obviously has a lot more sticks, but decided to head out today and buy some more anyway. Personally, I think he just wanted an excuse to make a trip to Guitar Center.
10. Luke and I got some new FREE furniture for upstairs from his cousin. We got a coffee table, new recliner, and futon frame. We still need to find a mattress for it. But it makes the upstairs look a little more homey. And I always get excited about free stuff!
I guess I've had a pretty productive weekend. Tonight is another Financial Peace University class at church, and I can't wait! I am absolutely LOVING this class. Unfortunately, Luke's band is playing for the youth group tonight at the same time as our class, so I will be attending solo! I told Luke I'd take notes so he doesn't miss anything :-)
Have a great Sunday, and here's to broken drumsticks!