Sunday, January 11, 2009

Making Progress

I've been making progress on my to-do list! Yesterday I got two big things done:

#1. Ordering my wedding album. It was hard to pick out only 50 pictures! But I'm SO excited to see it. I sense a wedding post coming when I get it ;-) I couldn't resist to add some pictures from my proof book. And I may or may not have watched the wedding DVD after looking at our pictures :-P My wedding was the best day of my life...what can I say, I wish I could re-live it!

Here are some of my favorite pics:

And #2. I organized my closet! I'm embarrassed to even post the before picture, but I will. Remember this is about 2 months of junk just thrown in there:Can you believe it? I'm like Monica from Friends: I like the rest of the house to be clean (although it hasn't been lately) But I have a closet completely full of junk!

And this is what it looks like now! The chair's there so I can reach the top shelf now :-P

I'm so glad I'm making progress! A few days ago I wrote about how I think I realized why I've been so depressed (I hesitate to use that word, because I think it's too strong of a word for how I felt. I guess numb is a better word). First of all, my life has been in chaos ever since the move. The move happened so fast, we still have things packed away, and obviously things like my closet are just still a mess. I can be kind of a control freak, and I don't like things to be out of place. And everything's been so chaotic and messed up, I just haven't even felt like starting the task because it was so overwhelming. So I just kept putting it off for longer and longer, making myself feel more like a worthless, lazy bum. But I'm finally getting the ball rolling on organizing this place, so I feel a little better.

Also, I've been feeling very lonely lately. Julie (my sister) is living away from home for the first time ever, and I've only seen her four or five times since August. After seeing her everyday and sharing EVERYTHING with her for 21 years, this is hard! Plus, all of my girl friends are so busy with their husbands all the time, they never want to hang out. But my husband is busy a lot with his friends and other obligations. I'm not used to being alone so often, and it was really getting to me! But I've promised myself I am going to have some girl time this week no matter what! Even if I have to just call my Mom up and go hang out with her, because she never turns me down :-)

So things are looking up. I hope this post didn't bore you too much. I'm just so excited about how therapeutic blogging is for me! It has really helped me to examine my life and make some much-needed changes!

Okay, so now that I've gotten two big "to-dos" off of my list, I thought I'd add two more

3. Sign up for a graduate class at the local community college so I can get my teaching license renewed (this is a pretty big one!)

4. Make plans to hang out with some GIRLS this week or weekend.

Here's to therapeutic blogging :-)

P.S. I added a second book to my "Book of the Week." Luke and I started a class at church this week called "Financial Peace University" from Dave Ramsey. We had our first class tonight, and it was AMAZING. We got a book with the class called "Financial Peace Revisited." So far it's very eye-opening!

4 comments:

  1. makes me want to spring clean! UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica, I so appreciate your honesty. I have a tendency to overbook my schedule and get so overwhelmed that I end up avoiding it all. Your closet looks great! Congrats on whittling your list down enough to add more to it. Oh, the snow; yes it's beautiful and fun to play in and sometimes fun to drive in as long as it goes away within 24 hours. :) I was raised in northern Iowa and had my fill of long, cold snowy winters.

    Off subject, how do you get your photos on your blog page with writing between each one? I have not been able to do that and it's bugging me. Thanks for any tips you can give me. Blessings, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wedding albums are hard to pick, aren't they? There's so many good pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you!! Your awesome! Your wedding photos look gorgeous. Your sister being away is a big change and maybe you didn't realize how muc it was affecting you. Girl time sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!