Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Crazy Death Trap

I finally got a picture of the death trap hanging above the steps that lead to the entrance of our part of the house, and I thought I'd share it with you. Here are some pictures. I'm scared for my life every time I have to leave or enter the house because of THIS:

Close up view from kitchen window

In this one, you can tell how long they are. I think the longest one is about as tall as the window.

And here's a view from outside:

I'm not sure what to do about it...it's hanging from the roof of the second floor, and our stairs that lead up to our entrance are right below it, so it would be hard to get a ladder up there. But I'm thinking once it warms up and starts to melt, I'm going to see if I can sweet talk Luke into somehow trying to knock it down. If that thing fell on someone, they'd be out cold! Literally every time I have to walk beneath it, I kind of run. And let me tell you, running on ice-covered steps is not a good idea, either :-P Apparently lots of water is dripping from that area, because there's a thick patch of ice beneath it, too. It won't go away no matter how much salt we throw down. And Luke has already fallen there twice, and gotten some nasty scrapes down his back. Apparently he's not as careful as me!

Only 58 days until spring! Although in Ohio I'm sure on March 21st it will probably still be blizzarding (remember, I make up words).

2 comments:

  1. I think icicles are so pretty!! Can you somehow reach out your window with a broom stick and try to hit them down? It's hard to tell how far away they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melt it with a blowtorch! Or a fire breathing Chihuahua! I have two you can borrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!